Mr. Spotts has 22 years of diverse experience as an Environmental Professional / Consultant and has performed a wide range of complex investigations in the United States specializing in the following areas:
- Environmental assessment: due diligence and real estate transaction
- Environmental assessment and analysis (Phase I, II & III);
- Environmental Risk Assessments;
- Underground storage tank closures;
- Corrective action plans (CAP-A / CAP-B);
- Soil and groundwater remediation planning;
- Comprehensive Brownfield Investigations/State Coordination;
- Wetland identification and delineation;
- Jurisdictional waters and State Waters determination/delineation;
- Section 404 CWA NWP and IP permitting;
- Mitigation planning and mitigation banking;
- Riparian buffer restoration;
- Local and State stream buffer variance coordination/processing;
- National Environmental Policy Audits (NEPA);
- Georgia Environmental Policy Audits (GEPA);
- Categorical Exclusions (CEs);
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS);
- Comprehensive building inspections for asbestos containing materials, urea formaldehyde insulation, and lead-based paint;
- Air monitoring and analysis of airborne asbestos fiber concentrations;
- Preparation of comprehensive asbestos abatement specifications.
Personally performed/managed over 4,500 Phase I ESAs and Phase II Site Investigations on a wide range of residential retail/commercial, and industrial/manufacturing sites for large national and regional banks, private investment groups, private landowners, and industrial and commercial facilities.
Personally performed/managed over 2,500 subsurface investigations involving contaminated soil and/or groundwater. Projects have included a wide variety of underground storage tank, dry cleaning, industrial/manufacturing facilities as well as landfills.
Personally performed and managed over 2,500 wetland Identification and delineations of jurisdictional wetlands/Waters of the U.S., and “State Waters” in the GA, AL, FL, TN, SC,
NC, and VA. Work included hydrologic evaluations, soil analysis, vegetation identification, and technical report preparation.
Personally performed and secured at least 250 Nationwide Permits from the United States Army Corps of Engineers for a broad range of projects including private, residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental projects. Work included wetland mitigation banking/planning.
Personally performed and secured at least 35 Individual Permits from the United States Army Corps of Engineers including commercial, industrial, and governmental projects. Work included archaeological surveys; aquatic and terrestrial protected species assessments, alternative site analysis, avoidance and minimization planning, and stream/wetland mitigation banking/planning.
Personally performed and secured at least 50 “LIA” and GA EPD stream buffer encroachment variances in GA. Work involved assessing storm water conditions, pre and post construction as well as providing solutions to reduce contaminant loading as per state requirements.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- California University of Pennsylvania – Pittsburgh, PA – B.A. in Environmental Resources – Minor in Field Biology – May 1992
- Dale Carnegie Course: Influential Leadership Training
- OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Response – GTS (2012)
- Georgia State University – Delineation of Jurisdictional Wetlands of the Southeast
- Identification of Wetland Plant Species & Hydric Soil Conditions – Biotic Consultants, Inc.
- Identification of Jurisdictional Wetlands with Emphasis on Hydric Soil Conditions – WTI
- 38 Hour Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation and Management Training Program – Richard Chinn Environmental Training
- Certified Asbestos Abatement Designer – The Environmental Institute
- AHERA Asbestos in Buildings: Inspection and Assessment – ATEC Associates, Inc.
- NIOSH 582 Asbestos in Buildings: Air Sampling and Analysis – The Environmental Institute
- SCITEC Corporation Radiation Training, Scitec Corporation
- National Registry of Environmental Professionals – Registered Environmental Property Assessor
- Environmental Assessment Association – Certified Environmental Specialist
- Environmental Information Association (EIA) Member
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) E-50 Committee Member
- Georgia EPD “Qualified Person” NPDES Storm Water Permit for Construction Activities
- Worksite Erosion Control Supervisor (Card Number: 15812) – GA DOT (2012)
- Hydropyhtic Vegetation ID – Piedmont – D&D West (2012)
- Watershed Hydrology – Identification of intermittent and perennial streams (2012)
- National Highway Institute – NEPA and Transportation Decision Making (2012)
- GA DOT Environmental Procedures Manual – Ecology (2012)
- NEPA Cumulative Effects Analysis & Documentation (2012)
- GA DOT – Plan Development Process-Lite (2012)
- GA DOT Pre-Qualified Section 1.06e – Ecology (2012 – 2016)